"Stop excuses! Go for it, if you fail, get back up:push back till it counts" Crooze FMs Steve Buk has secrets behind his achievements|Street Magazine



Steve Buk of crooze fm

Who is Steve Buk? 

Steve Buk is a down to earth individual that has been part of different professions mostly under the Information Technology field but now under radio, but still, IT is involved. I like talking about work first coz am a reserved person that likes his space most of the time. I hate people intruding my space and on top of that disrespect my zone! With that we ain't friends. In my opinion, that's me....hahahah!
On the other side, many find me funny, charming and ofcourse the ladies always say "Am Cute". I always take that complement coz i look after myself...i have too much love for myself which is commonly referred to as 'Self Love" in the current times. That's enough about me, shall we move on :-)

What drove you into radio broadcasting?
From my early teenage age one of the things that used to occupy my non-busy time was radio, internet not being as widely affordable and available as of today, i could rely on radio to know what's going on in the World mostly under entertainment. All this sparked my love for radio, i remember HOT 100 was my number one station and the presenter Mckenzie always made my days, even when he shifted to another station (97.0 Radio City) i followed up on him. Just to summarize this, i was inspired by people who were in the profession already.

If you weren’t doing what you do, what else would you be doing?
I would be so much into charity activities. My first ever job on a project funded by The World Bank in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania exposed me to impoverished communities that lived in flood prone areas. There is so much help that needs to be given to such groups, i mean, they are citizens who pay taxes in which ever capacity they can....They deserve a better living. I can say they have been neglected for i don't know who! an extra hand can be lent... Its touching but that is where i could see myself. And one more thing... I have tried being part of Tourism more into idea creation (Marketing and Advertising) in a foreign country though, not my motherland but that will be for next time....

What’s that other part of Steve that the world don’t know about?
I can make friends with almost anyone. This surprises many people i have come across.

How is your love life? Girls may need to know
Every one laughs at such a question, i won't be left out on this one :-) My love life ain't a perfect one...most cases am the source of the problem...hahaha! But hey! i don't stress about it...

How do you find yuh self working at western ugandas biggest radio. How do you rate it….
I feel waaaaaaay privileged the brand speaks for itself and me being part of it makes a perfect combination. Speaking of Ratings...Come ON! Its Western Uganda's Biggest Radio Station, everyone knows that, including a new born... :-)

You are young and achieving great things, how have you reached all this…
Am not that young as my looks may mislead you, am just 3 years away from making 30! hahaha! Back to the point, its more of "What is it that i want? What resource do i have to take me there? and what are my limits? in most cases the the limitations never over come my goals...Stop excuses! Go for it, if you fail...get back up....push back till it counts....That's how i have done it, and most importantly look at the big picture! whenever you decide to put your heart into something (Wink!)

10 years from now, where do you see yourself?

Nice one! I see myself into the advertising, branding and TV commercials industry! I still feel over the years local companies put out boring adverts that never leave a mark in the public/target market. If you keep doing this, your wasting your money, i have seen companies now shooting commercial from South Africa! I mean...Why? Are you selling your products there? or? Anyway, this is an industry i want to explore!

What advice do you have for those who envisage a career as yours?
Never stop learning, currently am in the industry and i have brought my own touch into it...Whether small or not... That's a debate for some other day, the point is when you get the chance to join the industry, try as much as you can not to sound like Presenter A, B or C..Listeners appreciate a new vibe! Plus treat your show as a baby, always pitch/bring new ideas to it (your show) to your bosses! design them, grow with them!

Any word for yuh fans and followers…
Well, keep listening to Western Uganda's Biggest Radio Station...We are number one! Never wish to deal with number two, coz that could be end of the list....(Smiles!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demi Lovato uncouncious, How it started: Shows cancelled|Street Magazine

“You need Ug.shs 1500 to identify Uganda’s problem” Emma Omuggalanda | Mr vybs

Taylor Swift wipes social media accounts, fuels speculations