"It would take us 3 months to get a new song"-Tripple A speaks out on his 10th year in media |Street Magazine

Mr vybs|Street Magazine




Street magazines’ Mr vybs had an awesome interview with Voice of Kamwenge sports commentator Tripple A Da Omega, a guy who has been in media for 10 years in media. He has a big story to share with us.

Mr vybs: Who is Tripple A?
Tripple A: Iam Akugizibwe Amos Amooti, Tripple A da Omega is my studio name and I host hotsports Sabasaba and request line show on Voice of Kamwenge radio.
Mr vybs: Of all professions, why radio?
Tripple A: Me joining radio, actually before radio, I was an artist. I went to the studio and recorded two songs. I took my CD to a certain radio station and a certain presenter threw that CD. Since then, I said…what does it take to be a radio presenter. I must go there and start helping upcoming artists because what they go through is not easy. When I joined radio, I quit music.
Mr vybs: How was your journey to radio?
Tripple A: After high school, I couldn’t make it to campus. I went to Life fm for training in radio production and broadcasting. After 2 months of training at Life fm, Africano Aharikundira called me for sports commentary and love zone show hosting at radio Rukungiri.

Mr vybs: So how comes that you are now this side?
Tripple A: In 2012, Sylvia Mugyenyi VOK station manager called me for Sports broadcasting. So I’ve been this side since 2012.

Mr vybs: Who did you look at in your budge to radio?
Tripple A: There is a guy called Davis, he is now the PD of Voice of Toro. By that time he was doing sports, very well in Rutoro, that’s why I also do sports in Rutoro. He is the guy who inspired me. And another guy who inspired me specifically to do sports, Kenneth this guy was on UBC (radio Uganda). Kenneth and, Innocent Tegusubwa the Tolimwavu guy of Bukedde TV. Those are the guys who inspired me to do sports, and Davis to do it in local language. I would be doing it in Luganda but David inspired me and I enjoy sports in local language than any other language.

Mr vybs: Do you have like some day in your media practice you look at and say like, this was my best day since I joined media?
Tripple A: I swear upon, my first day I went on air. It was on, actually you can’t believe this. Ironically I joined radio Rukungiri on 16th of March and I again joined Vok still on 16th on March.  So on 16th of March in 2009, that was the first day I opened the microphone. The first day I went on air, that was my best moment ever.
Day out, happiness amidst media practice.
Mr vybs: How do you rate traditional media and today’s media?
Tripple A: This is the reason why we are going to school. Gone are the days when we would depend on greeting cards. Even by the years of radio Uganda those had even no greeting cards. They could use tapes but now technology has advanced. Radios, TVs are very many; there is a very taut competition in this media system. Presentation is changing to favor media personalities.  Gone are the days when it would take 3 months to get a brand new song but now we have YouTube you get a song in a few minutes.

Mr vybs: With your experience in media, what do you think is lacking and should be introduced?
Tripple A: Very many challenges, first of all we don’t have an association that unites us.  We don’t speak one language as media people, there are very many associations but they are not cooperative. And with such a due, very many presenters, media people especially in these rural areas are not paid. And we ourselves are not cooperative.
Then we have the so called unprofessional media people and they are killing our professionalism.  This is seriously killing media.
Radio day out at Amos' home in Kahungye. Photo by Mr vybs.

Mr vybs: You told me you are a son to the reverend, and most of the people feel like when a person is moving to these media things radio TV, he is becoming something not close to church. So how did you come to media amidst your dad being a religious leader and,?
Tripple A: Gone are the days when they used to think so but now things changed.  We always have religious leaders preaching are they bayaye! There are some radios that are owned by pastors, churches……are they bayaye! Same applies to artists, someone would say….becoming an artist, you are a muyaye kabisa. But now things changed we are in a system where we have professionals. You cannot say you are a son to a reverend, what matters is what you do there. Are you doing the right job, are you educating people. As long as you use the program you have to educate people.

Mr vybs: Then, you’ve been to whether Namboole, or what commentating national games. Any highlight about the experience?
Tripple A: Ohh my best game ever was recently when we qualified after 39 years. That was my best game.
And my worst moment here in Uganda is when we failed to beat Zambia in penalties in order to qualify for the Afcon. I was still in Namboole I even failed to move from Namboole to town. My friend just picked me from Namboole actually to the room where I was sleeping. But I’ve been there for every single game in Namboole very many games against Ghana, against Togo…against South Africa.
But We’ve covered very many games here in fort portal for secondary schools they are uncountable.  For voice of Kamwenge so far we’ve played against Kamusiime Sacco in Rubirizi, against Kyabenda, National water against Alliance very many games.
Tripple A foot work during media games in Fort Portal. Photo by Mr vybs

Mr vybs: What are some of your achievements so far??
Tripple A: I won an award in 2016 in fort portal for the best sports show for my Hotsports Sabasaba show in Rwenzori teen’s awards. I’ve got very many medals in different sports tournaments, the few I can remember are…….John and Juliet foundation tournament in Rubirizi I got a medal………Kabango motor rally and foot ball tournament, I got a medal. I also got a medal in fort portal, I was an emcee and assistant officer for Rwenzori region. So I have all those medals home.
Tripple A broadcasting Toro province games in fort-portal live
Mr vybs: Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
Tripple A: I’m almost 10 years old in media.  I did IT and, you didn’t ask me why I did IT instead of journalism. I like making research and discovering new things. I would really love like to be a consultant in media than being on air presenting.  I wouldn’t love being in media for so long, I rather be a consultant in some fields am good at.

Mr vybs: What are like your favorite times, then music?
Tripple A: My best moment is when I’m watching soccer. Then listening to music, I like soul music. I like western music and more especially country. And my wife too bytheway, She likes soul music and gospel. 

Mr vybs: Your favorite diets?
Tripple A: I like beans posho and Matoke. Then Soda and water, I don’t booze.
Akankunda Dalen, Tripple's wife. She is a fashionista
Mr vybs: Which kind of people do you like?
Tripple A: I like uhhh someone who is very open. I like open people. I hate lies and pretence. Like pretending you love Omega in other words you go behind me and you talk ill about me.
Mr vybs: Anything like your worst day?
Tripple A: My worst moment was the first day I S.1 at Maddox secondary school.  Guys ran after me, I don’t know whether teasing still exists. It is actually my worst day in life since I was born.
Mr vybs: Advise to those who feel like they should be like you?
Tripple A: I want to first appeal to my fellow presenters to respect everyone coming up.  I want also to encourage those coming up boys and girls to be themselves. Have your own way of doing your work, be original people will recognize and believe in your originality.
Mr vybs: Okk Thank you.
Tripple A: Interesting.
Ellan Atusemeza, Tripples first son. He is a complete gunner.

Dalen(wife) and Ellan(son) chilling during family times

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demi Lovato uncouncious, How it started: Shows cancelled|Street Magazine

“You need Ug.shs 1500 to identify Uganda’s problem” Emma Omuggalanda | Mr vybs

Taylor Swift wipes social media accounts, fuels speculations